It’s undeniable that video has seen an explosion of growth in recent years. Consumers and prospects alike are choosing to engage with content via video more than other media types. Between 2016 and 2017 alone, Youtube saw a ninety-nine percent increase in views of branded content. Likewise, Facebook saw an increase of over 250 percent. Just this year, sixty-three percent of businesses began using video to market content; and eighty-two percent of them attest to its importance as part of their marketing strategies. In spite of these facts and the loss of content engagement and leads, businesses are still hesitant to implement video. The medium is still new even though it has already gone so far. It’s understandable that you might have doubts. That’s why we’re going to let you in on all the benefits of video marketing and give you a few pointers to get you going.
Video’s Role in Marketing
A key role of video in marketing is to engage the audience. Video holds attention longer and far better than a paragraph of text ever will. Another role of video is to build trust and create long-term relationships with customers. More than half of consumers say that videos gave them the confidence to purchase an item online where they otherwise would not have without them. Video not only engages interest but emotions, what people share via social media. In the context of social media, the role of video is garnering these shares, which lead to sales.
The Success of Video (and Your Business with Video)
It’s no mystery as to why video is so successful. It’s a versatile and engaging content format that is easy to share across platforms. Not only can it lead directly to sales, many marketers attest to its high ROI. This is because video drives value. It provides a great visual aid for retaining information. Studies show that marketing emails that contain video increase click-through rates over 200 percent. It has also been found that people spend over eighty percent more time on a website with video. Video also strengthens brand recall. This isn’t surprising, considering that people generally remember more of a message through video as compared to written content. Let’s not forget that video can boost SEO rankings. It’s estimated that a website with a video is over fifty times more likely to show up first on Google than websites without. Video is the fastest-growing form of marketing. If you want your business to be more memorable, producing video content is the way to go.
Things to Remember When Making a Video
If you decide to take the DIY route, there are a handful of things to consider before you go into production. You’ll want to:
1. Put it in Context – Go beyond standard demographic targeting and create content that is relevant in the context
2. Keep it Short and Sweet – You can go big in a short amount of time, for example, video ads. Some of the most effective YouTube ads are only about six seconds long.
3. Be Personal and Interactive – Learn what drives your target audience, about what they want to see, and test content based on that.
4. Include a Call to Action – Rouse viewers with an on-screen CTA
5. Make It Mobile-Friendly – A vast majority of videos are viewed on mobile devices. Make sure your video will look good and operate correctly across all screen sizes.
6. Optimize your Content – Use the titles and metadata to help viewers find you on Google
7. Be Sharable – Allow people to embed your videos so they can share across platforms.
Keep in mind that a poorly produced video can have the opposite effect. You want your products and services to be presented well, not to drive away business. That’s why Proximo Marketing Strategies offers video production services. From conception to production to posting, we’re here to help you make the video of your dreams. Call us at (757) 504-2429 or visit our website, www.proximomarketing.com, to find out how we can make a video together!